Anti-icing equipment is a strategic component for avionic probes. It is designed to keep outer avionic sensors skin of Total air temperature probes and Pitot tubes free of ice while in flight. Our R&D and Engineering teams are working for the best anti-icing design to obtain the most efficient sensor and also the most reliability to fit with aircraft MTBF.
The THERMOCOAX’s anti-icing solution is innovative due to its self-regulated technology. We have a daily challenge to get the best cost/benefit ratio to make our customer competitive on the market.
Anti-Icing for Total Air Temperature Sensor
Total Air Temperature (TAT) Sensor :
We produce TAT sensors fully equipped with anti-icing elements and also the anti-icing system separately when the customer self-manages the complete probe development and manufacturing. The THERMOCOAX’s anti-icing technology is based on true cold ends but the most important is the small anti-icing cable diameter for complex integration in the probe’s body.
- Range: -54°C up to +150°C
- TAT Body: SS316, Inconel , Titatnium
- Available with thermocouple class 1 or Platinum RTD class A
- Single or dual element design for redundancy Recovery
- Factor better than 0.96
- Up to Mach 0.8
- Robust housing for on-board application
Anti-icing system integrated in the tip of the probe
- Self-regulation technology with Nickel or Balco
- Qualification RTCA DO 160 -MIL
- NIST calibration
- Response time in wind tunnel up to Mach 0.6
Anti-Icing for Pitot Tube Sensor
Static and Dynamic Pitot Tube Probe Sensor:
The anti-icing heating cable is shaped around the dynamic and static air pipes. For a better conductivity and to withstand flying conditions, anti-icing cable and pipe are brazed together.
The power is defined as a function of the power supplied on the aircraft and the outer casing is designed to have a good anti-icing system.
Key parameters for anti-icing in pitot probe:
- Built to customer's specification
- Mineral Insulated cable manufactured in house
- Nickel or Inconel sheath alloy
- True cold end
- Spiral design, twin cores
- 160 watt, less than155 volt 400Hz
- MIL and/or RDO160-rated
- HALT Tests